Skip to main content

Proof of Residency Guide

What are valid forms of proof of residency?

**Updated 5/26/2023**

2024-25 School Year Updated Proof of Residence

Notice: In an effort to better streamline the process of verifying residency, we have made some updates to our registration verification process. We now only require a utility bill which includes a service address (not a P.O. box). 

VALID Proof of residency must be: 

  • Current Utility Bill (Must be within the last 45 days)
    • Water* 
    • Electricity*
    • Gas*
    • Trash/Garbage*
    • Cable/Internet*

    *only one of these documents is required  

                      - OR -

  • Purchase Agreement/New Home Contract (if building a new home within the district that will be completed within the first semester in which you are registering. FDA(LOCAL)

    • If the estimated date of closing is not included in your purchase agreement/new home contract, a letter from the builder containing your name, the address of the home being built and expected date of closing will also be required.

    • Please Note: A purchase agreement/new home contract is considered to be a temporary proof of residency. When you close on your home you will be required to send a current utility bill to update your residency to

Examples of INVALID forms of proof of residency are: 

  • Mortgage/Lease Documentation 
  • Water Well Bill
  • Credit Card Bill
  • Property Tax Bill or Statement
  • Mobile Phone Bill
  • Car/Medical/Fire/Homeowners Insurance Bill
  • HOA Coupons or Violation Letters
  • Toll Bills 
  • Air BnB Receipts


If you have any questions, please email us at