The Americans with Disabilities Act requires employers to provide “reasonable accommodations” to employees with a disability, physical or mental impairment that limits one or more major life activities.
The first step in requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation is:
- Provide a written request to HR as soon as practical via the Request for Disability Accommodation Form.
- Once HR receives your request we will set up a time to meet with you regarding your request.
- HR will determine and notify you in writing if your request will need ADA Medical Certification.
- If ADA Medical Certification is required you will have 15 days to return the completed certification to HR.
- Once HR receives your completed ADA Medical Certification we will set up a time to meet with you regarding your request.
The Americans with Disabilities Act Questions and Answers
EEOC Disability-Related Resources